Home » Design
The greatest challenge to starting, or changing, your yard, is having a design. I can do simple designs to give do-it-yourselfers a direction, full designs allowing you to contract out portions if need be, and designs to meet HOA requirements. Even if you can only do a small section at a time, a comprehensive design will make sure the final product is cohesive.
During this on-site visit we will discuss what you really want your yard to look like. We will also identify current issues and opportunities and discuss potential options and the associated resources to to getting them done.
If after the Free Consultation we think we can work together, then we:
Site Analysis & Basic Design
This step is ideal for people with large properties that will be doing the installation over a longer period of time. It provides drawings that show what we discussed in the consultation and more! This includes the following and requires onsite measurements.
– Sector Analysis: This shows the natural and user influences on the site.
– Zone Analysis: Documents the areas with the most use and/or accessibility and helps determine where elements should go
– Basic Design: This is a scaled drawing showing generally where things will go – e.g. trees, washes, patios, gardens, etc. These will be done in AutoCAD and Photoshop and will be provided via email in pdf. Greater dimensions will also be provided.
– Notes: A narrative explaining the logic behind the layout and tips for reuse and install. Also included is a plant palette to help you keep things cohesive. I also do an in-person review of the plan.
– 3D Model: This has proven to greatly help people understand their 2D plans. In the model general groupings of plants are added for understanding. A video will be posted to my Facebook page, and snapshot images as part of the “Deliverables” packet.
Example Basic Designs
– Front Yard Only
– Full Site
If you are looking for a more detailed approach this additional step includes dimensions and calls out all plants and notes material quantities.
Example Full Designs
– Riverpark HOA edible landscape
– Fresno Palm Trees & Play
This can be done with a Basic or Full Design. If you choose to do this I come to the site to mark out the plan with chalk or marking paint. This step is very helpful for those who are ready to get started and want some lines to follow.
I bring plants from your plan…as well as a few alternates, and we work together to place them in your landscape. Even the best laid plans get tweeked during install, and having help insures you don’t end up with plants that don’e go together, or buy too many plants and put them too close together.
Get it Done!
Do It Yourself…but not alone
Questions: I am there for my clients long after the design is done. Text messages and calls are free of charge and I am happy to help as your project makes progress. I am also happy to chat with contractors that are hired.
Sourcing: The store was designed to help me support my clients during their install. I can get many plants and decor items that are needed, and even give design clients a discount if they are able to plan ahead for special orders, and if not can usually point you in the right direction.
If you need onsite help I can stop by for a small fee.